Impressed by my Shepherd’s Pie, I made a straightforward and wholesome, stuffed candy potato topped with floor turkey shepherds pie filling – it got here out nice!
Turkey Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Candy Potato
Shepherd’s pies are sometimes made with lamb, however this loaded baked candy potato impressed by the pie is made with leaner floor turkey. It’s fairly easy: make a batch of baked candy potatoes, then make a hearty, flavor-packed base utilizing floor turkey, mushrooms, and frozen peas and carrots with aromatics and spices. As soon as the turkey combination is effervescent and scorching, serve it over the candy potatoes and luxuriate in it for dinner. For extra variations, strive my basic Shepherd’s Pie, Turkey Candy Potato Shepherd’s Pie, and vegetarian Portobello Shepherd’s Pie.
Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Candy Potato Components
- Candy Potatoes: Wash and dry 4 small candy potatoes.
- Floor Turkey: Use 93% lean floor turkey and season with salt.
- Greens: Onion, celery, garlic, mushrooms, frozen peas and carrots
- Tomato Paste: Add a tablespoon to the veggies for a touch of tomato taste.
- Worcestershire Sauce for a straightforward taste enhance
- Thyme: Chop a teaspoon of contemporary thyme leaves.
How one can Make Loaded Candy Potatoes
- Candy Potatoes: Pierce the candy potatoes throughout with a fork and bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 400°F. Right here’s my baked candy potato recipe. You may as well prepare dinner them within the sluggish cooker or air fryer.
- Turkey: Brown the bottom turkey in a deep nonstick skillet over excessive warmth. Season with a teaspoon of salt and prepare dinner till it’s browned and damaged into small items.
- Greens: Push the meat to the aspect and add the oil, onion, celery, garlic, and tomato paste. Prepare dinner till the veggies are tender, combine them with the turkey, and add the frozen greens, Worcestershire, and thyme.
- Gravy: Whisk the flour and broth in a small bowl, pour over the meat, cowl the pan, and simmer on low till it thickens.
- Serve: Slice the baked candy potatoes and high every with a cup of the shepherd’s pie combination.
How one can Retailer Candy Potatoes
Leftover stuffed candy potatoes will final for as much as three days. You may retailer the turkey combination individually from the candy potatoes, however should you plan on bringing it to work for lunch, you possibly can put all of it in the identical container. You may as well freeze the meat and veggies for as much as three months. Then simply bake some potatoes and microwave the meat proper earlier than serving.
- Potatoes: Swap candy potatoes with russet potatoes.
- Dinner Concepts: Serve the turkey shepherd’s pie over a bowl of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
- Meat: Sub lean floor rooster or beef for turkey.
- Mushrooms: In case you don’t like mushrooms, depart them out or substitute them with one other vegetable, like zucchini, squash, or cauliflower.
- Flour: For gluten-free shepherd’s pie, use gluten-free flour.
- Herbs: Substitute thyme for rosemary or oregano.
Extra Stuffed Candy Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 potato
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Wash and dry candy potatoes and pierce them throughout with a fork. Bake candy potatoes 50 to 55 minutes, till delicate.
Warmth a big deep nonstick skillet over excessive warmth and brown the bottom turkey, seasoning with 1 teaspoon salt and prepare dinner, breaking the meat up with a picket spoon because it cooks about 5 to six minutes.
Scale back warmth to medium low, push the meat to the aspect and add the oil, onion, celery garlic, and tomato paste. Prepare dinner till the greens are tender, about 5 minutes then combine.
Add the frozen greens, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, contemporary thyme and blend properly.
Whisk collectively the broth and flour in a small bowl and pour over meat. Simmer, coated on low about 5 minutes, till it thickens and the flavors meld.
When the potatoes are prepared, lower them open and high every with a scant cup of the turkey combination. Eat scorching.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 potato, Energy: 401 kcal, Carbohydrates: 50 g, Protein: 27.5 g, Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fats: 2.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 84 mg, Sodium: 647.5 mg, Fiber: 8 g, Sugar: 11 g