Lastly a rib rub recipe with no components that packs superb taste! Make a batch of this dry rub for ribs with elements you probably have already got in your pantry.
BEST Rib Rub Recipe
If you happen to’re making ribs, it’s time to whip up a batch of our go-to rib rub! It’s completely savory and candy, and works nice for oven-baked ribs, ribs on the grill, and extra.
Plus, this rib rub recipe tastes higher than any store-bought rub, plus there aren’t any fillers or bizarre elements that you would be able to’t pronounce in it. A win-win!
Why you’ll adore it!
- This rib rub is the right quantity of savory and candy.
- It doesn’t require you to run to the shop and purchase a bunch of spices you’ll by no means use once more.
- It’s solely 9 elements — and bonus, you most likely have these all on-hand at house already in your pantry.
Rib Rub Recipe Substances
What does this rib rub style like?
This rib rub is the right mixture of candy and savory. Slightly candy due to the brown sugar, and rather a lot savory due to the garlic, salt and pepper, and chili powder.
Make it sweeter: Improve the brown sugar beginning with 1 tsp., and style to your liking.
Make it spicier: Improve the purple pepper flakes by 1/2 tsp., and style to your liking.
Make it tremendous spicy: Add 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
how a lot rib rub ought to I take advantage of?
Per 2-3 lbs. of ribs —> use round 4-6 tablespoons of rib rub.
How lengthy can you allow dry rub on ribs?
We advocate letting your rib rub sit on the meat for at the least half-hour however as much as in a single day. If you happen to’re not utilizing a rib marinade, we advocate letting the dry rub set for longer to make sure nice taste.
More often than not, the longer the ribs sit within the spices, the extra flavorful it is going to be!
Set up your do-it-yourself spices with this empty glass spice jar set!
The best way to Make Rib Rub
Making a batch of this rib rub couldn’t be simpler!
- Mix the entire elements for the dry rub in a bowl till and blend to mix.
- Use this dry rub on our grilled rib recipe, oven-baked ribs, or sous vide ribs or 2 to three lbs. of any child again ribs recipe by sprinkling it onto the ribs and utilizing your palms to therapeutic massage it in.
- Retailer leftover rib dry rub in an hermetic container in a cool, darkish place for as much as 3 months.
The best way to Use this Dry Rub
- Place your required lbs. of of child again ribs on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the rib rub, massaging it into the ribs on all sides. Be sure that all components are coated and be beneficiant!
- Let sit for at the least quarter-hour earlier than cooking the ribs.
Ribs on the Grill
Use this dry rub for ribs on our superb grilled rib recipe — it’s the right match!
You need to let your ribs set with the dry rub for at the least quarter-hour, however as much as 48 hours if refrigerated. quarter-hour is the minimal period of time wanted to tenderize the meat.
Dry ribs are sometimes a results of forgetting to take away the membrane or cooking them to sizzling and too quick. Both or each of those variables will lead to a chewy and dry rib.
Utilizing a dry rub on ribs earlier than cooking them will present for superb taste and a deliciously caramelized exterior. Don’t skip the dry rub!
Retailer your rib rub in a glass, hermetic container in a cool, darkish place like a spice cupboard. This recipe will last as long as 3 months.
Images: pictures taken on this publish are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.