Apple recently released the latest smartphone in the SE series, iPhone SE 3 or iPhone SE 2022. This device has been on the market for a few weeks and there have been mixed reactions with regard to its performance. One user said that he regretted to death that he bought the iPhone SE 3. However, other users seem to appreciate this device. According to initial reports, there may be a problem with the sales of the iPhone SE 3, and Apple has plans to cut orders. However, the new smartphone is still selling very well in Japan.
According to the latest statistics from BCN, a related research company, the iPhone SE 3, which was launched in Japan on March 18, boosted sales in the local market due to its low price. The initial sales performance was much better than the previous two generations of iPhone SE models.
BCN claims that although the iPhone SE 3 had the worst performance among all previous models on the first day of sales, sales are now significantly better. On the fifth day after the launch, the cumulative sales volume has exceeded the previous two generations of models in the same period. In Japan, this device has been on sale for only ten days. The cumulative sales volume of the first generation has nearly tripled.
The iPhone SE 3 is equipped with the same A15 Bionic chip as the iPhone 13 series. However, it costs less than 60,000 yen ($485) in Japan. This may be one of the reasons why its sales are far better than the first and second-generation models. Judging from the reviews of many Japanese users, the reason why everyone buys this new phone is that it is cheap.
Apple iPhone SE 3 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Touch ID Fingerprint sensor
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 138.4×67.3×7.3mm; Weight: 144g
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 15 hours of video playback