Apple hasn’t changed the design of the 2022 iPhone SE. The battery capacity in it has increased slightly compared to its predecessor, but this has not particularly affected the duration of work. As a result, the iPhone 13 mini managed to win in autonomy tests, although these devices run on the same A15 Bionic processor.
Also in testing, YouTuber Brandon Butch involved the iPhone 13, iPhone 12 and iPhone XR. The iPhone 13 mini has a higher screen resolution than the 2022 iPhone SE. And yet, the latter showed a result of only 5 hours and 16 minutes, and the iPhone 13 mini lasted 5 hours and 55 minutes.
Butch says the camera app on the 2022 iPhone SE has affected battery life. It should be remembered that the battery capacity of these devices is different, which played a major role in the results obtained.
iPhone 13 mini beats iPhone SE 2022 in battery life
Apple recently unveiled the third generation of the budget iPhone SE, featuring the latest 5G-enabled A15 chipset, as well as improved battery life, an improved camera, and stronger glass as key features. Now it turned out that the smartphone has received more RAM compared to its predecessor, although Apple does not emphasize this.
Apple iPhone SE 2022 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Touch ID Fingerprint sensor
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 138.4×67.3×7.3mm; Weight: 144g
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- 2018mAh Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 15 hours video playback
According to the well-known portal MacRumors, with the assistance of developer Moritz Sternemann, it was possible to find out that the new iPhone SE has 4 GB of RAM – in the previous iPhone SE 2020, the amount of RAM was only 3 GB. The information was obtained from one of the strings extracted from the Xcode 13.3 IDE not yet released to the public.
Access to more RAM should improve the performance of applications such as photo and video editing. Plus, the extra memory allows more apps to keep active in the background.