The things you search on the internet and your websites are all tracked by your web browser. Whether you are using a Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Brave browser, your web browser saves a copy of your browsing activity every time you go online from your PC.
Web browsers are open about this practice, and they do it for your convenience. Modern web browsers save your browsing activity and list it on the Browsing history page, allowing you to revisit the sites when it needs.
On Google Chrome, you need to press the CTRL+H key on your keyboard to open the History page, which will show you all the websites you have visited before. If you don’t clear your browsing history periodically, the chances are that the list might already be a mess for you.
You might have to scroll through a long list of saved histories to find the website you want to visit, which could be tiresome. Hence, to deal with such issues, Google offers you a helpful feature that lets you search Chrome History by date.
Steps to Search Google Chrome History By Date
If you don’t remember the website name or URL, you can at least try to recall the date you have visited the site. If you can recall the date, you can use this nifty trick to find all sites you have visited on that particular date.
Hence, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to search Chrome history by date. The steps will be straightforward; follow the steps mentioned below. So, let’s get started.
1. First of all, open the Google Chrome web browser on your PC.
2. Next, log in to your Google Account and head to the myactivity.google.com webpage.
3. On the My Google Activity page, click on the Web & App Activity option.
4. Next, scroll down and click on the Manage all Web & App Activity.
5. You need to click on the Verify button and enter your account password.
6. You will now see the search terms you have searched on Google and the websites you have visited. You need to click on the Filter by date & product.
7. On the Filter by date section, set the date (After & Before) to view the browsing history.
8. Next, check the Discover, Search, Image Search, Google Apps, and click on the Apply button.
That’s it! You are done! Now you will see all the terms you’ve searched for and the websites you visited on that date.
How to Delete the Search History from Google My Activity?
If you wish to delete a particular item from the Web & App Activity page, you need to click on the delete (X) button beside the search term or website you have visited.
Now you will see a confirmation prompt asking you to confirm whether you would like to delete the activity. Click on the Delete button again.
Also Read: How to Delete the Last 15 Minutes of Google Search History
Though the ability to search Chrome history by date is a small feature that users ignore, it can be an ultimate time-saver, especially if you rely on your browsing history to get back to the sites. You can also use the Chrome browser for Android or iOS to search history by date by following the same method.