A few days ago, we shared an article where we discussed how to change the chat theme on Instagram. To enable the chat theme on Instagram, you first need to update the Instagram DMs. After sharing that article, we have received multiple requests from our users asking about how to change the chat theme in Messenger?.
Messenger and WhatsApp are the most popular instant messaging apps, and they are both owned by the same company, Meta. Both the instant messaging app allows you to exchange text messages, make voice & video calls, share status, and more.
The messenger app also has a feature that allows you to apply custom themes to the chat. So, if you are a Messenger user and looking for ways to liven up your boring conversations, you are reading the right article. In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to change the chat theme on the Messenger app for Android.
Note: Although we have composed the article by keeping Android users in mind, iOS users can also enable custom chat themes on Messenger. On the Messenger app for iOS, the settings might vary slightly, but the process is almost the same.
Steps to Change the Chat Theme in Facebook Messenger
1. First of all, open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone. On the Google Play Store, search for Messenger, and update the app.
2. Once updated, open the Messenger app on your Android and open a chat where you want to apply a new chat theme.
3. Next, tap on the profile name of the other person you are chatting with or the (i) button.
4. On the profile page for the other person, scroll down and tap on the Theme option, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Now, you will see a new pop-up asking you to customize your chat. You will find many themes here.
6. You need to tap on the theme you want to apply.
7. Some of the themes have word effects. For example, here I have used the Lunar New Year theme. The theme has word effects for – Tiger, Luck, and Happy New Year.
8. You can simply type down those words and send them on the chat to see the new effect.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can change the chat theme in the Messenger app for Android.
It’s pretty easy to change the chat theme of the Messenger app for Android. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.