Ace your social media game like a pro!
The interactions on social media platforms have outgrown the primary purpose of making friends and sharing life events. Today, almost every platform has become a marketplace where brands and consumers have much to gain. With over 4.64 billion social media users worldwide, every forum lays multiple opportunities for global businesses.
So, how to take advantage of these online prospects? In the elevation of influencers, bloggers, and content creators, it has become paramount to figure out the best time to post on leading platforms. Yes, investing time in content creation without doing this groundwork is not worth it, right?
Well, in the eyes of the algorithm that runs all social media platforms, not every day, hour and minute are equal to getting a decent exposure! Here is a detailed guide to help you figure out the best time to post with the specifics of all popularly used platforms.
The purpose of social media platforms is best served when you know the nitty-gritty of how to amplify its effectiveness. You can uplift your marketing game just by keeping a schedule of all your social media posts. Here is everything you need to know!
An overview of the best time to engage on all platforms:
- Posts published at 9:00 or 10:00 AM from Tuesdays to Thursdays get an overall better response.
- Sunday is the worst day to post on social media platforms as the traffic is at its peak on this day.
- Any day between Tuesday and Thursday is the best for all social media platforms.
The MAU (Monthly Active User) on TikTok is jaw-dropping if you look at the statistics! The platform engages over a billion users every month. It is supposed to grow up to 1.8 billion by the end of 2022. The forum largely regales entertainers and influencers collaborating with brands to promote their products.
Since the audience on this platform is looking for entertainment and fun, creating enjoyable content on the given days will be highly productive.
- On Mondays, the best time is between 6 AM and 10 AM or at 10 PM.
- On Tuesdays, share posts at 2 AM, 4 AM, or 9 PM.
- On Wednesdays, utilize the early hour between 7 and 8 AM or post at 11 PM.
- On Thursdays and Fridays, either share posts in the morning between 5 AM and 9 AM or at 3 PM and 7 PM.
- On Weekends, the best is between 7 AM and 11 AM or at 4 PM and 8 PM.
Instagram is a start social media platform when it comes to marketing and content creation. With new features and tools added frequently to the application, it attracts millions of people every day. 28% of the total internet users in the world use Instagram daily, giving it over 1.22 million MAUs. Influencers, celebrities, content creators, and marketers grab the most attention on this platform. You can use the timings mentioned below to your benefit!
- From Monday to Thursday, the best time to post content on Instagram is between 9 AM and 12 PM.
- From Friday to Sunday, utilize late afternoons and evenings to post on the platform. So, 3–6 PM and 6–9 PM are the best slots.
Weekends are generally the worst days to post, resulting in lesser engagement.
Facebook has retained its popularity over time. From being a platform to meet new friends to become a vast online marketplace, Facebook has gained a tremendous response. It has over 2.93 billion users worldwide. Sounds impressive, doesn’t it?
So, you can make the most of your content shared on Facebook by posting on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9 AM and 1 PM. Like Instagram, the worst days to post on this platform are Saturday and Sunday.
Twitter is probably one of the few informative yet engaging text-based platforms in the world that connects people over thoughts and opinions. It has around 330 million MAUs. Some people gain immense popularity by sharing their tweets during the best time to post.
- Sharing tweets and posts on Twitter between noon and 3 PM or after 5 PM every day is the best way to reach out to your audience.
- The worst time to share posts on Twitter is early morning.
- The best day, as per many lead marketers, is Friday.
LinkedIn has emerged as a boon to professionals and career aspirants who can connect with employers worldwide. It makes networking easy and safe for people from different marketplaces and backgrounds. It has over 822 million registered users as of the first quarter of 2022. The best time to post on Linkedin is as explained here.
- On Tuesdays, the best slot is between 10 AM and noon.
- On other weekdays, share content between noon and 3 PM or 6 PM and 9 PM.
- Wednesday and Thursday are the best days when it comes to posting on LinkedIn.
YouTube is all about posting videos and Vlogs about anything and everything. It is probably the most actively used social media platform in the world. As of 2021, YouTube is reported to have over 2.5 billion users worldwide. So, if you want to utilize this vast userbase of the platform, post your content on the following timings.
- The best days to post on YouTube are Friday and Saturday as per 23% and 25% of marketers.
- The best time slots are noon to 3 PM, 3–6 PM, and 6–9 PM.
Reddit has around 48 million MAUs in the world. From fun stories and memes to texts and videos, people post all kinds of content here. Although the market engagement of Reddit is not as vast as Facebook and Instagram, the portal is productive in numerous ways. Here is the schedule you need to remember while posting on Reddit!
- The best time to post content on Reddit from Monday to Wednesday is 6 AM to 8 AM.
- On Thursday and Friday, you should post between 4 AM and 8 AM.
- On Saturday, you can share content past midnight till 2 AM.
- Early morning is the best on Sundays. So, share posts from 6 AM to 10 AM.
Pinterest might be one of the less talked about social media platforms we widely use. It has a whopping 433 million active users every month as of the first quarter of 2022. Its rising popularity makes it one of the best online portals businesses and content creators use. As per recent reports, 38% of engagement on this portal is from people aged between 50 and 64.
Therefore, the best time to post on Pinterest is between 6 PM and 9 PM every day of the week!
The use of email and newsletters for brand promotions, updates, and engagement has multiplied over the past couple of years. Today, almost every company utilizes the email database of its customers to reach out to them with new products and offers.
Since people often check their emails every morning, you will benefit the most by sharing newsletters and emails between 8 AM to 10 AM every day.
Yes, the timing of social media posts can make a huge difference in how well and fast you reach out to your audience. All the time spans discussed earlier are well-researched. Marketers, influencers, and content creators who post at the given times have admitted to getting a better response. This difference occurs because the traffic is less during these hours. So, the chances of your posts getting tapped into traffic are comparatively less.
Maintaining time is extremely necessary for social media users who use popular platforms for a purpose. If you deal with a large audience and want to stay active on all these portals, it is best to create your post schedule. You can also take the help of professionals to manage your social media accounts. Yes, social media management services are readily available online.
You may also look at these courses on social media management for a career in this field.