If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your website, it’s time to look beyond the usual static photos. Instead, you can add more visual interest and grab attention by adding videos on your WordPress site, whether it’s on your home page, a sales page, or within a blog post. The key is to find high-quality videos that look great and are relevant to your brand and its audience.
Luckily, there are tons of great platforms for finding the best stock video content. We’ve rounded up 10 options to choose from based on your needs, budget, and more. Here’s our list:
With so many video resources to choose from, it can be difficult to find the best stock video sites. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 10 of the easiest to use and most versatile sites for finding free and premium videos.
Storyblocks library has over a million royalty-free templates and videos to download and use on your WordPress website, social media, and more. The library has tons of video collections, including ones focused on space, nature, travel, and more.
What’s unique about Storyblocks is its commitment to providing content creators with more diverse video footage. That’s why it started the Re:Stock initiative to create video footage that represents people from as many communities as possible, creating truly authentic content.
- Individual Plans: The Starter plan costs $15 per month and allows five monthly downloads of HD footage, music, photos, vectors, and illustrations. It also includes access to the video editor. For $30 per month, the Unlimited All Access plan offers unlimited downloads of HD and 4K footage, plus more.
- Business Plans: There’s also the Enterprise Unlimited plan, which you can request a quote for as it has custom pricing. This is ideal if you have a team that will need access to Storyblocks
Dareful‘s platform offers hundreds of open-source, royalty-free video clips that can be downloaded and shared on your WordPress site. Because their videos are all in 4K, it ensures a high-quality picture. Users can search to find videos that fit what they’re looking for or filter videos based on characteristics such as aerial, autumn, beach, city, etc.
What makes Dareful enticing to users is that it’s completely free to use. Each video has a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This means users are allowed to share the videos in any medium or format, while also giving them the ability to transform or build upon the video for any purpose, including commercial use.
Over on Artgrid, you’ll find tons of video options that are suitable for blogs on travel, food, lifestyle, fitness, and every other topic in between. There are tons of themes to browse, ensuring there’s something for every creator out there. And depending on what you’re looking for, you can even search based on shot types, such as day or night, sunsets and sunrises, locations, format, and speed. Their platform even offers the ability to search by collection or filmmaker, should there be someone whose work you really enjoy and want to support.
Before committing to an annual subscription, you can try Artgrid for free. This allows you to explore the platform, download preview clips, and organize a personal footage page of your very own. However, if you want to upgrade, there are three different pricing models to choose from based on your needs.
- Junior HD: This plan costs $299 annually. It offers HD clips, H.264 format, graded footage, Universal Artgrid License, unlimited downloads, and lifetime use.
- Creator 4K+: This plan costs $479 annually. It offers 4K-8K clips, ProRes, and everything included in the Junior HD option. It’s Artgrid’s most popular plan.
- Pro RAW/LOG: This plan costs $599 annually. It offers everything mentioned above, including RAW/LOG clips should that be something you’re looking for.
Many creators are familiar with Shutterstock because of their expansive collection of stock photos, but they also offer video options. Their royalty-free library features both HD and 4K videos across a variety of categories, including aerial, people, technology, video effects, time-lapse, animation, and editorial.
Shutterstock provides a few options for those wanting to access their video footage that’s available to download. Users can choose to subscribe or purchase a clip pack if they’re only looking to download a few videos here and there. Here’s a breakdown of those options:
- FLEX 25 Mixed-Asset Subscription: For $49 per month (or $499 billed annually), you can receive credits to download up to 25 images, six music tracks, three video clips, or a mix of all three.
- Video Subscription: If it’s just videos you’re after, you can choose between their five, 10, or 20 clip plan depending on how many you’d like to download each month. This option starts at $99 per month or $949 when billed annually.
- Pro RAW/LOG: For those not looking to make a commitment to a subscription, there are clip packs that allow you to purchase five, 10, or 25 videos. Users have the option to choose between SD, HD, or 4K video clips. The clip packs start at $299.
5. Envato Elements
Another option for royalty-free, high-definition videos is Envato Elements. Their library features a wide array of videos, including b-roll footage, background, business, and nature videos. Users can narrow their search based on resolution (all the way up to 4K), frame rate, and video length.
Envato Elements’ footage isn’t free to download though. You will need to purchase a subscription in order to use these videos on your WordPress site. There are three different subscription options and which one you go with will depend on the size of your team that will be accessing the Envato Elements library.
- Individual Plan: If you’re the only one using Envato, the Individual Plan will suffice. It starts at $16.50 per month and provides access to the millions of creative digital assets on the platform.
- Teams: For those who have team members working alongside them, the Teams plan allows you to give access to others. This plan starts at $10.75 per month. It gets you everything in the Individual Plan, plus savings of up to 35%, the ability to change members any time, and one central location for storing all of your downloads.
- Enterprise: Agencies and teams with six or more people will want to look into the Enterprise option. It provides everything in the Teams plan, including custom licensing, tailored indemnification, and dedicated account management. Those interested will have to contact Envato regarding pricing.
Vecteezy offers a large selection of stock videos (in addition to vectors and stock photos) including drone shots, nature clips, business videos, backgrounds, intros and more. You’ll find many videos that are free to download, and others that require a Veceezy Pro subscription. The cost of a Pro subscription is just $9 per month if paid yearly, or $14 per month if paid monthly. As a Pro subscriber, you can download an unlimited number of videos, photos, and vectors, making it one of the best values in the industry.
You’ll appreciate the simple licensing terms used by Vecteezy. All the videos can be used for personal and commercial purposes. Videos that have model and property releases are clearly marked (right below the download button), so you can be sure you’re getting videos that are safe to use.
(Note: WPExplorer actually uses Vecteezy for many of their projects – including the blog!)
On the hunt for the perfect Zoom background, nature clips, or some b-roll footage? Coverr has everything you need. There are all sorts of collections to browse including sections such as Surf the Earth, Winter is Coming, On the Road, and Celebrating Diversity. Their library of stock videos is 100% free and is available for personal and commercial use. There’s no need to include attribution, however, it’s always appreciated.
Pexels is another stock video website that offers footage free of charge, providing plenty of options for you. Search for something specific, browse their latest uploads, or see what’s trending. No matter what your niche is, there’s sure to be something fitting that’s been uploaded by their community. There’s also no need to give attribution and videos can be modified and edited as needed.
Pixabay has thousands of stock video clips, all shared by the talented members of their community. Since it’s 100% free, there’s no need to sign up for a subscription in order to download video footage. There are HD and 4K options, depending on the level of quality you’re looking for.
Over on Videvo, there are 500,000+ stock footage clips, motion graphics, video templates, and more for you to browse. A quick search will help you find relevant video footage that’s suitable for your needs or you can choose to browse popular videos, their newest uploads, and specific collections. While there are plenty of videos to access for free, getting a premium account provides even more options.
- Free Plan: With a free account, you can access 18,000+ files, all sourced from trusted providers or produced in-house. Videos are all in HD or 4K for higher quality.
- Premium Plans: With a paid subscription, you get access to the complete library of over 500,000 stock assets with royalty-free licensing. There are three paid options, including Videvo Lite, Plus, and Pro. The Lite plan gives users five monthly downloads and costs $4.99 per month. Plus gives you 25 monthly downloads at $14.99 per month. And the Pro plan allows 50 monthly downloads for $24.99 per month.
Searching for high-quality video footage that’s been crafted by professional artists from around the world? Pond5 has plenty of options for you to choose from. Their videos are yours to use anywhere you like, whether it’s for personal or professional use. Plus, they can be uploaded to any platform, including your WordPress site. Pond5 offers a flexible pricing plan, allowing you to pay as you go or in advance.
- Pay Per Item: If you only need to download a few videos, you can pay for each individual items instead of investing in a long-term subscription.
- Credit Packs: These pre-paid credits work like cash, but offer bonus savings for future downloads.
- Subscription Plan: For those planning to use the service often, a monthly membership for $199 per month or an annual membership for $999 per year may be the better choice.
Finding the Best Stock Video Footage
With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find great videos across each of these platforms. Feel free to check them all out and see which one has the content you’re looking for, as well as which one best fits your needs and budget. Your WordPress site will be well on its way to looking amazing!