Constant WhatsApp, Messenger, and Telegram message notifications are very annoying. Know how to mute chat notifications.
While messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, and Messenger have made communication and texting easy, constant chat notifications sometimes become annoying especially when you’re a part of a chat group where there are several participants. However, all these apps come with a mute feature that allows users to mute a group chat or any particular chat for some time or forever as per the user’s preference. WhatsApp allows users to mute chats both personal and group for 8 hours, or 1 week or for always while Facebook messenger and Telegram too offer the same feature. Here’s a step -by- step guide to mute chats on the most widely used chat apps- Messenger, WhatsApp, and Telegram.
How to mute chats on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and go to the chat that you want to mute.
2. Long press on the profile icon or tap on three dots.
3. You will see a mute icon on the top or simply Mute Chat options
4. Tap on it and it will show you three options- 8 hrs, 1 week, and Always.
5. Tick the preferred box and tap on ok. Whoa! It’s done. Messages from this chat won’t annoy you anymore.
How to mute chats on Facebook Messenger
1. Open Messenger and tap on contact icon that you want to mute.
2. You will see three options- Mute message notifications, mute call notifications, mute message and call notifications.
3. Select the option as per your choice. The last option will mute notifications for both call and messages from that contact.
4. Tap ok and it’s done!